For many of you this will be the first time that you will explore
chemistry in more detail. It is (believe it or not) a very interesting
subject which has applications to almost everything; from cars to food and
even to the screen which you are reading this from.
I have included a list of major concepts, some detail you should be familiar with and some links
to numerous sites which will allow you to view, download or print material which is directly
related to these concepts. In addition there may be some material which is of interest to
you (hey you never know!).
The links will assist you if you run into any difficulties and have specific questions.
- Classify based on specific similarities and differences.
- Flow chart.
- Seasonal movements of food.
- Merstamatic, elongation and maturation zones.
- Promotors and inhibitors.
- Reproductive structures and methods in flowering and non-flowering plants.
- Methods of pollination.
Return to Grade 11
Web to any Taxon
This will allow you to research almost any plant species.
Pictures, diagrams and explanations of the various parts.
General plant life cycle diagram.
Good general overview with time elapsed photos.